The great and powerful Dr. Oz has spoken and offers these 20 tips to help you lose weight AND keep it off.
1) Eat 5 or 6 times a day. 3 meals, 2 snacks.
2) Close the kitchen 3 hours before bedtime.
3) Chose a few healthy meals and snacks and stick with them. The fewer the choices, less temptation.
4) Ditto with snacks
5) Keep those healthy meals and snacks around you at all times.
6) Stash emergency food like fruits, nuts and edamame.
7) Read ingredient labels. If the first 5 ingredients include sugar, syrups, trans fats, (anything hydrogenated) saturated fats, non-whole-grain flours (enriched or bleached) DO NOT EAT!
8) Use healthy oils like olive or canola instead of butter (and may I add, use those sparingly!)
9) Use a 9-inch plate for meals.
10) NO SECONDS
11) Don’t leave food out on the table after you have made your plate.
12) Ask for half portions at the restaurant and have the rest packed up to go.
13) Or share your order
14) Eat more plants than fish 🙂
15) Eat more birds than beasts (or refer to 14)
17) Keep portion sizes sane. Chicken or fish = a deck of cards, brown rice or whole-wheat pasta = a baseball, low-fat cheese – 4 cubes the size of dice, oil = a poker chip.
18) WALK every single day. NO EXCUSES. Build up to 30 minutes a day.
19) Once you are doing 30 minutes, get a pedometer and try to do your 10,000 steps a day.
20) Stretch for a few minutes after walking not just to stay limber. The stretching has a meditative effect that helps with cravings.
These aren’t my 20 tips, but they are good ones. Many of us are all ready doing most of them. Perhaps adding a couple of these tips to your day will help keep you motivated and on track. Worth considering on a Monday morning. Personally, I find having a stocked produce bin really important. It also helps me a lot to know what I am having at each of my meals, well in advance, leaving less to temptation! Do you have some tips you haven’t shared with us? Please do!
Looking forward to my first experience at Seasons 52. With nothing on the menu over 475 calories AND a vegan menu option, I am excited to finally try this place. Will let you know what I think, later in the week. Thanks for stopping in and have a magical Monday…and thank you very much for your feedback.
- Eating in These 5 Places May Be Making You Fat (fitsugar.com)