Happy Yoga Day USA.
Yoga Day USA is all about spreading the word on the incredible power of yoga. The brainchild of the Yoga Alliance, this day is dedicated to sharing the health and wellness benefits achieved from this fantastic practice. All across the country, from small studios to huge outdoor festivals, classes of all levels will be offered free of charge all in hope of inspiring individuals who may not otherwise participate.
Wherever you are, you can simply google Yoga Day USA, 2010 and find all the info you need. If it’s your first time, or if you have been away from yoga for a while or even if you are a already a seasoned yogi, it’s a great day to connect with the positive energy of the event.
Yes, my local readers…I will be sprinkling yoga into my non-yoga class this morning. A little bit of yoga is better than no yoga at all!
In recent times, and more globally, the term “namaste” has come to be especially associated with yoga and spiritual meditation all over the world. In this context, it has been viewed in terms of a multitude of very complicated and poetic meanings which tie in with the spiritual origins of the word. Some examples:
- “I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me.”
- “I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
- “Your spirit and my spirit are ONE.
- “The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you.”
- “All that is best and highest in me greets/salutes all that is best and highest in you.”
- “I bow to you. The light within me honors the light within you.”
Much more than a word, these are just some of the beautiful translations for Namaste. I hope you will fill your day with peace and yoga and find “upward bliss with downward dog.”
I knew in theory that Yoga was difficult, but I guess I thought it was similar to Pilates, because of what we do in your Tuesday night class. I WAS WRONG ! The little bit of Yoga we did this morning was some of the most challenging stuff I’ve ever done in an exercise class! I think part of that is because I love high energy, moving fast stuff and Yoga is just the exact opposite.
On a personal note – I won’t be at the gym on Tuesday night, so I will see you next week.
Paris Brummer says
I have been a reader for a long time, but am a first time commenter. I just wanted to let you know that this has been / is my favorite entry of yours! Keep up the great work and I’ll keep on checking back. If you’d be interested in swapping blogroll links with me, my website is MonaVie Scam.