As I flip my calendar, I realize there are only a few days left till Chanukah begins (thankfully it does last 8 days) and just about 2 weeks left till Christmas. Yikes, shopping time IS running out so I wanted to make some suggestions for those on your list striving for peaceandfitness. In every price range, there are great gifts that would clearly be appreciated by your fitness fanatic!
In no particular order, may I offer the following suggestions:
1) PILATES a book by Rael Isacowitz…this is THE “complete guide to mat work and apparatus exercises (an absolute bargain for just 19.99 I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it).
2) Work out gloves. Now, more than ever, with concerns about H1N1, gloves are a fantastic gift. Even if they already have them, they are probably ready for new ones!
3) A stainless steel, reusable water bottle. We should all be concerned about decreasing our carbon footprint and this is a great way. Thanks to Carole, for this great idea. She sent them for my entire family last holiday season and I use mine every day.
4) For workout music visit www.dynamix.com Whatever era of music, whatever tempo, you can find great cds and downloads. From the big band swing music to top 40 hits of today, it’s all right there and will be delivered to your door in less than a week.
5) A yoga mat. Easily found at a store like Target, Sports Authority or even TJMaxx.
6) A pedometer for the walker or runner on your list. Also available at the above stores.
7) Socks, hair bands, small towels, fitness magazines and even protein bars make great stocking stuffers.
8) An introductory lesson or 3 pack to a local Pilates or yoga studio. Depending on where you live, these prices will vary greatly. The good news is that most studios will offer fair prices on the introductory packets. Sometimes it’s all one needs to then practice these disciplines at home or in a larger group environment. These packages are often available for other specialty classes like kickboxing and zumba, as well.
9) Needless to say, there are fitness videos available for EVERY form of fitness. From Biggest Loser workouts with their trainers, Zumba, p90x, and Insanity, to yoga, Pilates, tai-chi and ABSOLUTELY everything in between, there is a video for EVERYONE on your holiday list!
10) TIME. Yes, time…perhaps your signficant other is ready to plunge into the fitness arena but feels selfish taking time away from the family. This is possibly one of the biggest obstacles in getting fit! Make a promise of giving TIME to allow this journey to get under way. Perhaps its offering to cook or be responsible for dinner certain nights, or offering to watch the kids or carpooling. Most times, however, it’s just giving SUPPORT. Let your loved one(s) know that you support their effort to get fit in 2010.
Offering a gift of fitness is telling someone you care about their health and well being. I can’t imagine a better gift than that! It’s a gift that not only keeps on giving, but also one that comes back to you. The happier and healthier your loved ones are, the happier you, too, will be!
Tune in tomorrow for Biggest Loser finale results and more! Watch the amazing transformations tonight on NBC @ 8pm. You cannot help but get inspired!
Ethan Papa says
Hi. I don’t follow many blogs, but yours is of the best!
I have been checking around #hostname and actually am astounded by the great content here. I work the nightshift at my job and it really gets dull. I have been coming right here for the past few nights and reading. I simply wanted to let you know that I’ve been loving what I have seen and I just can’t wait to read more.