Yesterday’s entry sparked a lot of conversation and more importantly, a lot of positive outcomes. I was thrilled to hear all the different workouts people were doing! When I hear someone set out for 5 minutes and walked for 40 or someone took out a deck of cards and is sore today or someone walked on a day they didn’t plan to, or someone dug out an old set of weights and lifted them…it makes my day! Thank you for the feedback. I always want to hear what YOU are doing!!!
I committed to pulling weeds, yesterday, as my answer to “What’s my workout?” I bent and squatted and lifted and carried and dug and pulled weeds until my fitness tracker clocked 10,000 steps. It took a good portion of the day, and I sure felt it this morning! Every time you change things up, you awaken new muscle fibers and nerve paths.
- So add gardening and/or house cleaning to your tool box of options.
- If you are lucky enough to have access to a pool, I cannot stress enough, what a great workout you can get in there. So forgiving on our joints, yet such great cardio.
- What about digging out some toys…if you have kids, this is especially easy! A hula hoop, jump rope and a ball can be a super fun entire workout that we call, play! A couple of weeks ago, Mitch and I brought the badminton birdie and racquets outside in back and did a lot of chasing and had a lot of laughs.
- Or a bike ride. It’s turning to fall and much of the country is so pretty. Cycling is a great way to see it while getting in your cardio. So is walking the beach if that is an option for you.
- Soon parts of the country can go hiking, apple picking and even gathering wood and pine cones as the seasons prepare to change.
If we stop thinking of exercise as something we HAVE to do, instead of something we GET to do, we have flipped that all important switch and everything from there, just gets….better!
What’s YOUR workout?